Posted By Justin Ruen,
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
| Comments (0)
Registration is now open for AIC's Spring Academy for City Officials. Information concerning the upcoming Academy, including how to register and a detailed program agenda can be found at the following website: http://idahocities.org/?page=DistrictMeetings
Spring Academies will be held around the state at the following locations:
- Monday, April 24th: Nampa Civic Center
- Tuesday, April 25th: Best Western Plus Burley Inn
- Wednesday, April 26th: Idaho Falls Hilton Garden Inn
- Thursday, April 27th: Chubbuck Idaho Central Credit Union corporate headquarters
- Monday, May 1st: Best Western Coeur d'Alene Inn
- Tuesday, May 2nd: Moscow Best Western University Inn
AIC's Spring Academy for City Officials is held each April/May to provide city officials with timely training on the municipal budget process, recently enacted legislation, and other important topics. This year the program will include training on the following:
- 2017 Legislative Review: A review of legislative action affecting cities including HB130 (city treasurer responsibilities), HB207 (foregone property taxes), HB216 (regulation of short term vacation rentals), HB235 (property tax exemption for capital investments), SB1074 (local government purchasing), SB1113 (changes to the Justice Reinvestment Act), and SB1141 (emergency transportation funding).
- Municipal Budgeting: A detailed training of the ins and outs of developing, adopting, and implementing your municipal budget including training on property tax budgeting, budgeting non-property tax revenues, utility rate setting, and financial reporting and oversight.
- Municipal Bidding and Procurement: An overview of Idaho’s local government bidding and procurement laws, including purchasing that is exempt from competitive bidding, purchasing professional services and personal property, purchasing public works construction, and joint purchasing agreements.
Following the training, each AIC District will be given time to caucus to nominate and select AIC Board representatives for the upcoming year.
All city officials are encouraged to attend.
This post has not been tagged.