On Demand Training Videos
In an effort to provide more training to cities around the state, the Association of Idaho Cities has put together short training videos. These training videos can be watched at work, home, or even in council meetings at any time.
Please take some time to look over the different videos and find some that would be interesting to you. If you have any requests for new training videos please email those requests to Leon Duce
Annexation Training Video
- The Basics of Annexation - AIC Counsel Jerry Mason discusses Idaho law and best practices relating to annexation. 23 min.
Budget and Finance Training Videos
Campaign Finance Disclosure Reporting
- Meeting Notices and Agendas - AIC Counsel Jerry Mason explains the legal requirements for meeting agendas and notices. 14 min.
- Purpose of Meetings - AIC Counsel Jerry Mason describes the purpose of meetings and what should be included in your meetings. 17 min.
- Public Records - Jim McNall of ICRMP discusses the basics of public records and recent changes to Idaho law that city officials should understand. 10 min.
- Records Retention - Jim McNall of ICRMP shares the basics of records retention. 4 min.
- Public Records for Elected Officials - Jim McNall of ICRMP outlines the responsibilities of elected officials with respect to public records. 5 min.
Show Me the Money
- USDA Rural Development - Dave Flesher of USDA Rural Development talks about the different programs that assist rural communities throughout Idaho to achieve their goals. 17 min.
- Department of Environmental Quality - Tim Wendland discusses funding available to cities in FY 2013. 11 min.