Idaho Regional Travel Grant Program Applications Being Accepted
Monday, April 11, 2016
Posted by: Gay Dawn Oyler
The Idaho Department of Commerce is accepting applications for the Idaho Regional Travel Grant Program for the 2016 grant cycle. Applications will be submitted via Idaho Commerce’s online portal and are due by 5:00 p.m. Mountain Time on June 6, 2016. Awards will be determined by the Idaho Travel Council (ITC) in August 2016.
Created in 1981, the Idaho Regional Travel and Convention Grant Program is funded through 2% tax on the sales of hotels, motels and private campground accommodations. Total collections are disbursed as follows:
- 10% to administration of the program
- 45% to fund travel promotion statewide
- 45% to grants within the region it was collected
The Idaho Travel Council oversees the grant program, which distributes funds to non-profit, incorporated organizations that have a viable travel or convention program in place. The ITC has the goal of promoting the State of Idaho and the designated travel regions within the state through:
- Meaningful programs to develop and promote scenic attractions and tourism assets of the state.
- Return on Investment through reporting that validates the best use of marketing dollars to achieve overnight stays.
- Use of cooperative marketing opportunities to leverage budget and market penetration.
- Collaboration and consolidation of marketing projects with partners to align strategies and leverage consistent messaging.
- Electronic and social media opportunities that have an ability to target a broader market base or specific niche audiences.
For more information about the Idaho Regional Travel and Convention Grant and to preview the application visit: http://commerce.idaho.gov/tourism-resources/itc-grant-program. For specific questions about the program and to request access to the online application portal, contact Jill Eden, Grants & Contracts Analyst, at firstname.lastname@example.org.