Idaho Delegation Participates in the SelectUSA Investment Summit
Tuesday, July 19, 2016
Posted by: Gay Dawn Oyler
A 21-member team lead by Governor C.L. “Butch” Otter is in Washington, D.C. today for the annual SelectUSA Summit, which runs through Tuesday.
On Sunday evening, Governor Otter spoke to hundreds of potential international investors about Idaho’s ability to “move at the speed of business,” creating a buzz at the conference about all the state has to offer.
The SelectUSA Investment Summit is the highest-profile event dedicated to promoting foreign direct investment (FDI) in the United States. In 2015, the summit attracted nearly 2,600 participants from more than 70 international markets, including representatives from all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam. Participants of the 2015 SelectUSA summit reported nearly $3.6 billion in new U.S. investments and brought an estimated 7,779 jobs to the United States, according to fDi Markets.
“The Summit is a tremendous opportunity for Idaho businesses to engage with international investors who are interested in investing capital and creating jobs in Idaho,” Governor Otter said. “We’re meeting with several high-profile international companies to showcase what Idaho has to offer on a global scale.”
In addition to Governor Otter, Idaho Participants in SelectUSA include:
- Mayor Brian Blad, City of Pocatello
- Mayor Shawn Barigar, City of Twin Falls
- Mayor Rebecca Casper, City of Idaho Falls
- Senator Kelly Anthon & Jeff McCurdy, City of Rupert
- Director Celia Gould, Idaho State Department of Agriculture
- Director Ken Edmunds, Idaho Department of Labor
- Director Megan Ronk, Idaho Department of Commerce
- Amy Lientz, Idaho National Laboratory
- Jan Rogers & Josh Wise, Regional Economic Development for Eastern Idaho (REDI)
- Jeff Hough & Lisa Buddecke, Southern Idaho Economic Development Organization (SIEDO)
- Doug Manning, City of Burley Economic Development
- John Regetz & Angela Wilhelm, Bannock County Economic Development
- Kristen Jensen, Great Rift Business Development
- Representatives from the international and business attraction teams at the Idaho Department of Commerce.