History of AICThe Association of Idaho Cities was founded in 1947 and is a nonpartisan, nonprofit corporation, owned, organized, and operated by Idaho’s city governments. AIC provides services that individual cities might not be able to afford on their own.
The association’s membership is composed of Idaho’s city governments with each city having an equal vote. Individuals, other associations or groups, and businesses whose interests are compatible with AIC, may be eligible for nonvoting, affiliate membership. The association is governed by a Board of Directors elected by the membership and represents each of Idaho’s seven geographical districts. An elected nine-member Executive Committee provides close oversight of AIC activities.
The Executive Committee is composed of the president, the four most recent past presidents, AIC’s three vice presidents, and the chairman of the Legislative Committee. The executive director manages the daily operations of the association. The current standing committee of the Association of Idaho Cities consists of the Legislative Committee, the Environment Committee, and the Drug Task Force. Please view the AIC Board and Committees section for more details.